Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nintendo Entertainment System

The NES was my very first game console. We had a Magnavox Odyssey before the NES, but I never played it. I honestly didn't even know it existed. This is my original NES, I've hung on to it since I was 5 years old.


Modern video games all use a modified USB for the controller port. Even the weird looking ones from the PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube. I always wondered what kind of port these old systems used.


I don't hear a fan on the NES, so I'm not sure if these vents are functional.



No Stereo for you.


My favorite game on the system was of course Metal Gear. Though I didn't know until I was much much older that the US version of the game was pretty terrible compared to the Japan version.


My absolute favorite part of the NES was the process of inserting a game. Pushing it in, pushing it down, and closing the lid. It was such a nice ritual, it really felt like you were doing something important.

1 comment: