Friday, November 12, 2010

Only Revolutions by Mark Z. Danielewski

This is the second book by Mr. Danielewski (Actually 3rd, there was a companion book to House of Leaves). I've owned this book for awhile, but I've never actually read it. I don't know why, but when I do I feel like I am reading Finnegans Wake. It's almost too much, but I love how the book is made.
P1020326
Like the previous book, a ton of attention is paid to the details and colors. So reading the book physically as much of an adventure as the story is.
P1020329
The book provides two bookmarks, and at first glance it appears that the text is written upside down.
P1020327
But when you look at it closer, it's actually written correctly on the top, and upside down on the bottom.
P1020331
That's because the book is written from two different perspectives and you can start at either side of the book. The publisher recommends changing perspectives every 8 pages.
P1020328
Someday I'll figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment